Tuesday, September 21, 2010

And I'm off...

I’ve been back exactly 4 days and I’m getting ready to leave again...

Summer was quick but lovely. Family time in Chicago, Timmins, and Mackinaw City. Then up to the cottage for 5 weeks with spectacular weather, shopping in farmer’s markets, cooking, swimming, tanning, reading and wine drinking.

Along the way, I had ample time to think, reflect and adjust several aspects of my dance and my teaching. I read a lot of great dance and anatomy books as I researched some new ideas and modes of thinking. As a result, I’m really excited about starting classes, not only to get to see everyone again, but to start to put some new practices into play.

I’m leaving on Friday for Montreal to perform in a show and take workshops with the beautiful Mardi Love, put on my the equally lovely Mat Jacob. What a great way to start my new year! I’ll actually be in Montreal 3 times this fall as well as (hopefully) get out to St. John’s and a few places in between . And that’s not counting the 3 15 hour weekend intensives at the studio, phew...

I’ve got some new events to work through the details for and some choreography to get out of my head and onto my body/paper.

By the time all of that works itself out, it’ll be Christmas...

No comments: