Saturday, October 20, 2007

Suhaila mania

It's coming quickly! In less than 4 weeks Suhaila will arrive and we'll be madly squeezing our glutes, contracting upper backs and obliques and generally working our butts off! I'm excited and pleased as the workshop is almost full and tickets to the show are selling well! This time around I'm also excited as 80% of the participants in the workshop are from the Toronto area (as opposed to about 40% last year). I believe in what Suhaila has to offer, in her technique, her format. I really do believe that it takes dancers to the next level, on their way to finding their potential as a dancer, and I'm so happy that dancers from the Toronto area are beginning to become interested and intrigued by the format.

So often I hear things like "I don't like the say she dances" and it saddens me. Not because I believe everyone should like her dance style, but because it is a dance style. If you don't like it, that's up to you. What I believe cannot be denied is the simple fact that technically Suhaila is the best that I've seen!

Anyway, enough of my ranting :)

I've decided to put all Suhaila dvds and cds on sale from now until Nov 12 - Fate, Rhythm ID with Ziad, Repercussion, Remix, Arabian Musicals, Dances for the Sultan, Unveiled, Suhaila Solo, Sheherezade, Choreography, Performance, Fitness Fusion... you name it, it's on sale!!

I'm off to the Heather Shoopman workshop this afternoon for some Indian and hip hop inspired combos and a little LA technique! The Student Salon was brilliant and I'll be posting some photos soon... Stay tuned.

Until next time, keep glute squeezing!

Audra

No comments: